Massage therapy is the practice of treating the soft tissues of the body by hand to relieve pain, rehabilitate injuries, reduce stress, increase relaxation, and aid in the general wellness of our patients. In combination with Chiropractic care, treatment of muscle and joint related complaints can be resolved more quickly with great improvement in pain and function. Our massage therapists are trained and licensed through the state of NY and are required to participate in continuing education each year to further develop their skills and knowledge.
Benefits of Massage
Massage therapy treatments can help specifically address a number of health issues including:
- Relieves migraine pain.
- Restores range of motion and lessens pain due to injuries/whiplash.
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Enhance immunity and health by encouraging lymph flow (helps circulate toxins through the body).
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue.
- Improving circulation, pumping oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Release endorphins—the body’s natural painkiller.